Timeline for VAT Refund
When a taxpayer submits a claim for a VAT refund, the FTA will process and review the application within 20 business days of submission. The taxpayer will be notified regarding the FTS’s decision to accept or reject the claim. If the process exceeds the timeline of 20 days, the FTA will notify the taxpayer regarding the extension of the deadline.
How to claim VAT Refund in UAE for Businesses?
To submit a VAT refund claim
• Log in to FTA’s e-services portal
• Go to the VAT tab, then the VAT Refund tab, access the form by clicking the VAT refund request
• Complete the form. Some of the fields are pre-populated using the details from the account. Make sure that the details you’ve entered are correct, then submit the form by clicking ‘submit’.
• After you submit the form, you will receive an email from FTA to notify you of the result of your refund application. Once the claim is approved, the refund will be processed within 5 business days.
• You can verify the refund amount by checking your balance from the My Payments tab under the Transaction History section in the e-services portal.
VAT refund services in UAE
ACCBOOKS is assisting taxable businesses in UAE to claim their VAT refunds. We are offering the best VAT Refund services. Our VAT specialists submit the VAT refund form as per guidelines and the proper format of the Federal Tax Authority (FTA).
We ensure VAT compliance in order to recover the VAT refund amount at the earliest. How to claim a VAT refund in UAE is a very complicated task and businesses must take an expert opinion before submitting a VAT refund form.